Superman: The Man of Steel

• Premium Member

Superman: The Man of Steel, the sequel to Superman Returns is apparently scheduled for 2009 release. On that basis one would assume that shooting must be underway but I have been unable to find any information about this.

Apparently after a lot of uncertainty, Bryan Singer is directing and Brandon Routh is starring, with most of the rest of the original cast intact. I presume it is not being shot in Australia, otherwise I would have heard about it by now.

There seems to be no mention of what format the movie is being shot on. Does anybody know if they are using the Genesis again, some other 35mm-sensor camera, (or dare I say it:) Film?

Maybe it's one of the 30 or so RED projects currently in the pipeline. Imagine how Jim Jannard would be busting to tell us about that :lol:

Guest Stephen Murphy

I think you're a bit ahead of the game Keith - AFAIK it hasn't gone into pre-production yet.

• Premium Member
I think you're a bit ahead of the game Keith - AFAIK it hasn't gone into pre-production yet.

That does appear to be the case. There have been several setbacks already which suggests the 2009 release date may be somewhat optimistic. But 2009 is still widely reported.

There was another WB Superman-related project: Justice League: Mortal which was to feature Superman and many of the other DC comics characters, but with a different actor playing Superman. That one was definitely going to be made in Australia, but bureaucratic wrangling over its entitlement to tax breaks saw the location shifted to New Zealand, (which has happened numerous times before in our history, due to certain boneheaded union policies). However, the project now seems to have been shelved, for the forseeable future anyway.

Edited by Keith Walters

Guest Stephen Murphy
Stephen would it be possible to see a clip from your new film?

Which one? Send me a PM - dont want to hijack this thread!:)