www.super8.no "free manual library" R.I.P. ???

Bart Smith

• Premium Member
True, I noticed it recently. Damn, and I forgot to download the manual for my Nizo 156... Does anyone have the PDF for the manual of the Nizo 148/156?? You'd help me a lot!

I am going to assume it's only temporary or something dramatic has changed in his life....otherwise he's a pompous ass for undercutting those who might have wanted to make a small living charging for manuals and gave up because they could not afford to do it for free.

Keep in mind I made my comment as an either statement, either it's only temporary or something dramatic happened in his life. If neither of those two scenarios are correct, then he did a disservice by offering something for free when others wanted to make a small income from it and instead gave up because they could not compete for free.

My vote is that it is temporary and they will resurface somehow.

• Premium Member
Offering online PDFs of manuals for free strikes me as an act of kindness. I wish more people would do it. Charging money for a photocopy seems less ethical to me.

On the surface issue I would agree with you, but if someone gives up too easily after "shaking out of the market" those who wanted to make a few bucks, it becomes no different than a slash and burn scenario.

I'd rather have a couple of people all competing, making 20 bucks a pop, then one or two places that do it for free and then give up for good. But like I said, I believe all of his work will show up again somewhere. If not, he should let somebody else take it over, for free or otherwise.

• Premium Member

As might have been noticed by some now, Bjarne Eldhuset's website is back in the cloud, currently in the process of being re-built after a migration to the Wordpress blogging platform

At the moment, a lovely greeting pic showcases the beauty of Super 8 (helped by human beauty) at http://super8.no , and a sub-category is already launched for manuals.

I am unable to contact Bjarne, and have been for considerable time (I submitted several manuals four months ago, but never got a feedback and they weren't uploaded) so I am unsure that the timeframe for having everything back online is, but it seems that in due time, free manuals that are no longer falling under corporate copyrighting and hence should be distributed for free as digital versions (while original paper prints somewhat legitimise a certain price, I would say) will be at our all's disposal over the foreseeable future.