Roy Anderson - You the living

Well I was just telling Stephen Murphy about the prince charles cinema and was looking at their schedule, only to discover that Roy Anderson has a new Movie out!!!! :)

Okay this isn't going to excite everyone as much as me, and it basically can't be as good as the truck film, but it's still really exciting! I'm just hoping that it hasn't passed me by and will come my way soon!

I had no idea the film was coming out, let alone is out!

Kinda exciting! :)

love

Freya

The film was in Cannes last year. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as Songs from the Second Floor.

While it isn't as good as SFTSF it is much funnier. There are also a couple of clips online of behind the scenes footage and stills. I like his commercials as well. Go see it Freya its good fun.

• Premium Member

Roy is a God. Don't always agree with his political views in his films, but there's no doubt he's an absolute genius. Completely unique.

If you like Roy, you should try to get your hands on the remastered Love Story (En Kärlekshistoria) that he did in the early 70's. Not only is it a completely different look to what he does know (it's more traditional, long lens in style and shot by Jörgen Persson, FSF, of Les Miserables and My Life As A Dog fame), but it has to be one of the best young love stories ever told.