new handcrank s8 projector

Richardson Leao

I saw this in the smallformat and went to check on the webpage. Super cool gadget:

It is very cool - thanks for letting us know they're now available. I suspect we'll see some clever hacks as DIYers get their hands on these (crazy hand-cranked film loop exhibits, or integrated into wacky steampunk projection machines). That said, anyone who uses this to project their old family films will probably inflict a lot of damage on them. I can't see it having a particularly gentle film transport.

It is very cool - thanks for letting us know they're now available. I suspect we'll see some clever hacks as DIYers get their hands on these (crazy hand-cranked film loop exhibits, or integrated into wacky steampunk projection machines). That said, anyone who uses this to project their old family films will probably inflict a lot of damage on them. I can't see it having a particularly gentle film transport.

I'm not 100% sure about the film transport, but it seems that it is not supposed to hurt the film (at handcranck speeds at least) and the LED illumination is not supposed to burn the film... But as I said, I am not sure...