The Nothing Men

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

There hasn't been all that much discussion about this Australian Film, but it might be the first All-RED feature to hit the big screen: The Nothing Men.

There were links to it on the Lemac site last year, and then they suddenly became "uanvailable".

Peter Holland did an amazing job on "Gabriel" with just two JVC GY-HD101E's.

NOW we'll see if Sony Pictures will distribute a film shot with a RED :lol:

• Premium Member
Don´t know if it´s the LCD screen on my laptop or not but the skintones (in the trailer) have a magenta tone and look very artificial.

Well the 2 1/4"x 5 1/2" trailer looked good on my monitor!

(Although a bit contrasty).

• Premium Member
The acting looks good... production values look good... but it kinda reminds me of a filmed stage play... just my .02...

That's what it is.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Boston Legal is more like a stage play than a TV program, but you have to have really good actors to pull it off.

And people probably don't realize that a lot of the broader appeal of Iron Man is that a lot of it was filmed more like a stage play. I don't think it was intended to come out that way, it just sort of "happened". (And not even three weeks out the door it's already well on its way to outgrossing Superman Returns. :lol: )

• Premium Member
Don´t know if it´s the LCD screen on my laptop or not but the skintones (in the trailer) have a magenta tone and look very artificial.

I had the same problem with an LCD computer monitor.

However I burned the movie file onto a DVD so I could show it on an ordinary TV set, and it looks all right on that.

Generally it's about what I expected; probably a bit better than other video cameras, but not as good as film, dynamic range-wise. However the resolution is only about VHS quality, so I would rather reserve judgement until I can see it on a big screen.