Playback problem with AY-DVM63AMQ tapes

JD Marlow

Hi,

I'm an editor working on a project shot with an HDV JVC camera (assuming it was the 200U, but don't know for certain). I have these Mini-DV tapes -- AY-DVM63AMQ -- and I'm unable to play them back on anything. I don't have the camera handy, but I've tried playing them back on 2 different Professional DV decks, as well as my Canon XL-2 (which I had a feeling wouldn't work anyway).

Any idea as to why this might be? There definitely is video on the tapes...although one deck seemed to think there was no signal at all. Thanks everyone.

-JD

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm an editor working on a project shot with an HDV JVC camera (assuming it was the 200U, but don't know for certain). I have these Mini-DV tapes -- AY-DVM63AMQ -- and I'm unable to play them back on anything. I don't have the camera handy, but I've tried playing them back on 2 different Professional DV decks, as well as my Canon XL-2 (which I had a feeling wouldn't work anyway).

Any idea as to why this might be? There definitely is video on the tapes...although one deck seemed to think there was no signal at all. Thanks everyone.

-JD

JVC's ProHD flavour of HDV1 can only be played back on ProHD cameras (HD100 through 250) or JVC's BR-HD50U deck. If the footage had been recorded in DV mode then there wouldn't have been an issue playing back on the DV cameras or decks you mentioned.

Edited by Tim Dashwood