Depth of field charts for Digibeta

PhilPowers

Hi guys, please help. I am currently working with some film style canon digibeta lenses i.e. no servos etc. I am after some depth of field charts for these lenses does anyone know where I can download them? Im in a bit of a hurry. I need charts for Canonj15, Canonj20, Canonj8 or is it j9 any help with this would be fab. :huh:

• Premium Member

Hi,

The Canon J-series are usually ENG zoom lenses. Are you sure you haven't just got ENG zooms without the servo grip? In any case, the depth of field will be identical for any lens of a given focal length, circle of confusion, and stop.

Phil

thanks, they are film style canon zooms so that you can have ARRI follow focus with a longer throw and more linear focus. Anyway my question is not what kind of lenses do i have i would like to know where i can obtain depth of field charts for them. if anyone knows kindly point me in the direction, thanks p

Yeah thanks, I wasnt reading your reply correctly ( i was in a bit of a hurry and just stuck in traffic). So tell me based on your 21 micron circle of conf. In the space that says resolution ???? lines/mm what would i type? Sorry my maths is poor.

Cheers guys.. :>