chinon concord?

tom doherty

hi

i know absolutely nothing about 16mm

got given a 'chinon concord' camera, and again know nothing about it, what type of film it uses etc, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

thanks

I own three Chinon movie cameras, but to be best of my knowledge, Chinon only made 8mm and Super8, not 16mm. Can you post pictures of the camera and the film compartment, and I can tell you what it does use?

• Premium Member

Tom,

That is a double-8 or regular-8 motion picture camera. The first film I ever shot was on a Kodak double-8 camera, back in 1972. Spring wound.

You are right, the film is the same size as 16mm film. But what you are supposed to do is load the camera, run the film all the way through, then take the film out, turn it over and load it back in, then run the film all the way through again. You then send the film off to the lab where they develop it, and cut it in half, right down the middle, and glue the two ends together.

Not sure of a source for double-8 film, maybe someone else on this forum knows. Last stuff I bought was in 2002.

Best,

-Tim

Tom,

That is a double-8 or regular-8 motion picture camera. The first film I ever shot was on a Kodak double-8 camera, back in 1972. Spring wound.

You are right, the film is the same size as 16mm film. But what you are supposed to do is load the camera, run the film all the way through, then take the film out, turn it over and load it back in, then run the film all the way through again. You then send the film off to the lab where they develop it, and cut it in half, right down the middle, and glue the two ends together.

Not sure of a source for double-8 film, maybe someone else on this forum knows. Last stuff I bought was in 2002.

Best,

-Tim

In the US, John Schwind is the best source for Double 8mm within the US. I am not aware of the UK, maybe the widescreen centre?

And yes, that is a Double 8mm camera, a pretty good one too so I understand.

In the US, John Schwind is the best source for Double 8mm within the US. I am not aware of the UK, maybe the widescreen centre?

And yes, that is a Double 8mm camera, a pretty good one too so I understand.

Thanks for all help

much appreciated