Just saw 'Wanted' in Theaters

Supposedly elements of the film were shot on the Red camera. I remember hearing the Red shot scenes were mostly F/X ones. Well, I couldn't tell. It pretty much all looked like film to me... The only scene that stood out in any way was the gunfight in the pharmacy. Seemed kinda edge-sharp-ish and a little digital but other than that I saw nothing that looked out of place. So, kudos to Red - your stuff looks like film when watched in a theater by Evan. ;)

Evan W.

• Premium Member
Supposedly elements of the film were shot on the Red camera. I remember hearing the Red shot scenes were mostly F/X ones. Well, I couldn't tell. It pretty much all looked like film to me... The only scene that stood out in any way was the gunfight in the pharmacy. Seemed kinda edge-sharp-ish and a little digital but other than that I saw nothing that looked out of place. So, kudos to Red - your stuff looks like film when watched in a theater by Evan. ;)

Evan W.

Sorry to disappoint Evan, but the producers of the film decided not to use any of the RED footage, afterall. A similar decision was recently made by Terence Malick and Emmanuel Lubiezki to ditch the RED footage shot on their new feature, as well.

Thanks for the replies. And I must admit that I was impressed that nothing stood out while watching the film. I didn't expect the Red footage to scream, 'HERE I AM!' but I thought I'd at least notice it in some spots. :)

Evan W.

I'm still curious about the pharmacy shoot out scene. There were moments that felt like they could be digitally acquired. However, with all the post manipulation that this film would have gone through (especially in the action sequences) it shouldn't be surprising that parts felt a little digital.

I'm still curious about the pharmacy shoot out scene. There were moments that felt like they could be digitally acquired. However, with all the post manipulation that this film would have gone through (especially in the action sequences) it shouldn't be surprising that parts felt a little digital.

All film. :) The RED was on set periodically shooting off-angles or side-by-side, but the movie was shot on film, at least in Prague and Chicago.

Mitch is the one to speak with about colors and such, but the pharmacy was, as I understood it at the time, meant to feel a bit different (greenish?). But all film. Rest easy. :)

That said, the RED tests I saw and the filmout that Jon passed around on set all looked pretty incredible. If I had clients ready to take and deal with RED information, I would have no problems buying one for myself. But for the moment, the majority of work is still in HDCAM so it will take the influence of a "filmmaker" and/or marketing exec to decide to let Behind-the-Scenes to be shot at 4K for potential "in theater" use.

In any case, I just got back from seeing WANTED and enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nik Samal
I didn't like Wanted, a lot of noise, ugly colors.

don't forget...the loom of fate!!!