Shot List Software

Ernie Zahn

Does anyone know any good software that allows you to create shot lists on a Mac? I use Celtx for screenwriting and storyboarding, but it really is not easy to do shot lists with it. There is no proper format for it on there and it makes it difficult to read. I understand it because I wrote it but any other cam operators are having trouble despairing it. So does anyone know of any software that's good for this free or for sale?

• 3 weeks later...
Antics - Its a 3D story borading software...

http://www.antics3d.com/

The models and animation in Antics look great, and easier to animate than FrameForge3D 2(which I own). --But looking around at the Antics site, it seems to lack any capabilities for depth of field rendering, something that FF3D2 has, which was a major selling point for me. Competition is always good.

With FF3D2 you can customize to any format, 1/3" CCD to Anamorphic(16mm or 35mm) and 70mm,controlled by T-stop. A little slow at rendering DOF at times, but it works great for that. Nice to try out your location's dimentions and see if your camera will fit in your location and give you the shot you had in mind, or you can make adjustments.

• Premium Member
With FF3D2 you can customize to any format, 1/3" CCD to Anamorphic(16mm or 35mm) and 70mm,controlled by T-stop. A little slow at rendering DOF at times, but it works great for that. Nice to try out your location's dimentions and see if your camera will fit in your location and give you the shot you had in mind, or you can make adjustments.

I agree on FF3D.

I've used it many times and although it's a bit idiosyncratic to use, it's very accurate at predicting what you will and won't see if you build your set to scale. It also calculates DOF reasonably accurately too. I use it often just to work out how big a blue screen might need to be for a given VFX shot for example...

jb