Anything shooting in Toronto....

Im stuck in crappy Buffalo til the spring when I can move back to LA and get my boots muddy again with film production. Im going crazy here, there's N-O-T-H-I-N-G going on. I went to NYC a few weeks ago and almost flipped out when I saw an Arri on a steadicam rig shooting a commercial or something on a closed off street.

The only place that's close enough for me to work is Toronto, only like an hour and a half away. I'LL WORK FOR FREE. I'll work all weekend. If anyone is working on anything now or coming up and would like some free help PLEASE PM me, I'd be ecstatic to help out.

Ive been mostly a camera pa and an entry level loader, and have a good deal of 2nd ac experience. I have great references and I've worked quasi regularly with my hero Mr Robert Elswit, Dan Mindel, and Bill Pope. I've camera pa'd on an entire feature and have done lots of day playing and stuff on every kind of shoot. (I can handle myself fine, is what Im saying) I worked at Panavision for a year too if that helps.

Let me know if I can help! "Im goin crazy down there at the lodge...." (Fargo)

Thanks!

Luke

Nothing but crickets chirping here I'm afraid.

Toronto is a service town and Hollywood ran away when the Canadian dollar became worth more than the USD.

R,

Hey, the Canadian dollar is currently almost 2 cents behind the USD...in your face Canada! :lol:

Yes but when you exchange USD into CDN you still lose money because the banks take their commission, it's complicated.

It wasn't long ago that 1 USD bought 1.60 CDN. And the Euro...we won't even go there.

R,

• 4 weeks later...
Yes but when you exchange USD into CDN you still lose money because the banks take their commission, it's complicated.

It wasn't long ago that 1 USD bought 1.60 CDN. And the Euro...we won't even go there.

R,

I'll work for free anyway.