LCD Problem on GY HD 101

Mary Crowley

Hi Guys,

I've been having a problem with my camera in that the LCD screen has gone completey white. When I first noticed it, it only happened when I tilted the screen, but now its constant. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it repairable?

Mary.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

I've been having a problem with my camera in that the LCD screen has gone completey white. When I first noticed it, it only happened when I tilted the screen, but now its constant. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it repairable?

Mary.

Hi mary, When did the problem start? I had a problem with the eject button that started after i dropped the camera, I took it apart (partially) and then found the lead wire to the eject button plugged it back in and it worked fine. the Lcd cables might be Loose or something like that. if you are mechanically inclined I'd take a crack at opening it up and seeing if there's something that looks out of place. our just go with the viewfinder.

Good luck

Devindra S.

• Premium Member

Strikes me if it started happening when you moved the LCD, it's highly likely to be a cable failure where it goes through the rotating joint. This is inevitably a workshop repair, unless you're willing to dive in there yourself and find out if the cable assembly is an easily-replaceable unit.

P