HD broacast and HVX

mark legg

Shooting a commercial that might broadcast in HD on NBC. What would the best possible settings be for the HVX to hold the most detail and quality?

Should I adjust any detail, vertical lines, levels, color, etc. in the camera settings?

1080p i vs. 720pn p a etc...

I was to have the 24p look and not the 60i look.

Shooting HVX w/ Redrock 35mm Nikon lenses.

Shooting next week and need to decide. Thanks for your help!!!

• Premium Member

Why don't you consult the post dept and see what they require? With these not-really-professional cameras, many of the options are not accepted by some networks for broadcast standards.

Personally, I would also go without the redrock. In my opinion, it is not suitable for HD shooting. The images are too soft, though I do like what it does to the knee area.

Is 24pN just video-speak for true 24fps shooting? If so, that would seem to be the default choice, and you would subject the footage to a pulldown to 60i only in the event that the commercial gets picked up for broadcast.

What I want to know is, is it totally cheesy to use the optical image stabilization? Does it degrade the image in any way? I have a shoot with a bunch of hand-held shots planned, and I'm a pretty shaky operator! (We're using the HVX200 + P&S Technic mini.)