Lighting For Student Project - White Void

Hello,

I am currently working on a 16mm student short film where we need to light a 3-sided white room to make it look like a litmitless void (best reference I can suggest would be in the "matrix" film where neo and morpheus stand in the empty program before anything is loaded). We've come up with two ideas of how to do this and I'd like anyone's opinion on the options we have so far in terms of what would look the best. We are shooting the room with 2-3 studio walls and have access to 5k skypans, a 10k and 12k fresnel as well as lots of 1k's and 2k softs.

So far the idea we've come up with is to shoot the white studio walls 3 stops overexposed using the 10/12k with a 12'/12' diffusion combined with the skypans to hopefully blow it out entirely and correct small problems in post.

or

Shoot everything greenscreen and key the background to white. We are limited by no budget for chroma paint and only have a 12/12' greenscreen.

We're leaning on the first option but don't have enough experience with film to tell if overexposing the background would produce that desired effect and also worry about the overexposed white creating a backlit effect that would black out the front of our subject. Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated, if possible an overview. I will update this post later today with an overview of what we planned.

Thank you.

ez 4 or more 1 k soft boxes attached to the celling facing down. works every time good even lighting real strong shadows.