problem with highspeed

Deepak Bajracharya

Namaste,

I am now shooting a full length feature film with my Aaton XTR plus and it is giving me the trouble with the high speed setting.

When I change the 24fps to 48fps, the camera wont run at the 48, instead it remains at the same 24fps. Then, I had to run the camera without the magazine to gain the appropriate highspeed.

Provided the battery is good, magazine is loaded properly.

Whether this is normal or not? Is it a good practice to check the camera at highspeed without the loaded magazine? How about the safety of the motor then?

Please advice accordingly.

With best regards,

Namaste,

Just returned from shooting.

Even more weird things happened today.

When the speed was set to 24fps, it runs at 12fps and sometimes run at 48fps.

When set at 48fps or 75fps or 12fps, the camera runs at 24fps.

Seeking advices regarding this problems.

with best regards,

I believe the sync regulator may have failed on your motor. It should go to a proper camera repair facility for service.

Thank you very much Mitch for letting me know the probable fault and your advice. I will show the camera to the local technicain today and post about the problem.

With best regards,

Namaste,

Yesterday, only one available camera technician in Kathmandu checked the camera and found out that the 2 out of 3 wires from the speed selector switch was about to disconnect, seems the wires were trapped due to the inproper placement at the last checking.

The wires were soldiered and the camera began to perform with all the speeds, yet the 48fps and 75fps speeds were not reaching at the exact speed, the camera checked with out the magazine.

The rest of the speeds are fine.

Thanking you all for the help and guiding me find out the problems and suggestions.

Always seek your advice and suggestion in the future as well.

With best regards,