Any recommendations for rental houses near Detroit, Mi. and Hudson, NY.?

Tim O'Connor

• Premium Member

I'm going to be about fifteen minutes outside Detroit and then in and around Hudson, New

York. I have had no time to research. I will but I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations right off the bat. I'll probably be going to N.Y. location from Detroit so

won't be going through Manhattan. Otherwise it would be great to go to Abel Cine Tech and

say hi to Mitch and maybe give him some business.

Interested in both grip/electric and (film) camera rental houses. I'll be bringing minimal

equipment with me but enough to get started. I've got a rental from production for what I'm bringing but I'd like to know what there are for resources and if there is more than one in an area, what anybody might recommend first.

Thanks!

Also, first week (in Michigan) is looking a bit less crazed so if anybody in the area

wants to say hi, get a coffee or drink, please get in touch. Same for N.Y. although

I think that is going to be much longer days and nights so not sure how free I'll be.

In Detroit, try Stratton Camera for your camera needs, it's run by DP Lon Stratton who is a great guy with an excellent rental house. For grip and lighting, I'd recommend Detroit Power and Light, another vendor with good gear who was very helpful to me when I was starting out in Michigan. Good luck with your project, hope it goes well.

• Premium Member

Great, thanks everybody. Am in Detroit now, will check all those out. Was here only once before, a while ago. While driving around here, I'm spotting all these cool locations that are unrelated to this shoot but would make great locations and offer built in production value with looks and feel unlike anything in Boston. I'm taking lots of stills and notes.

Love this place.

post-12764-1218480614.jpg

Great, thanks everybody. Am in Detroit now, will check all those out. Was here only once before, a while ago. While driving around here, I'm spotting all these cool locations that are unrelated to this shoot but would make great locations and offer built in production value with looks and feel unlike anything in Boston. I'm taking lots of stills and notes.

Love this place.

Hey Tim,

Cool still! FYI, Abel Cine Tech can ship gear to you anywhere in the US (and abroad). Drop me a line if there is anything you need that you can't seem to locate locally.

Best,

Mike

• Premium Member
Hey Tim,

Cool still! FYI, Abel Cine Tech can ship gear to you anywhere in the US (and abroad). Drop me a line if there is anything you need that you can't seem to locate locally.

Best,

Mike

Thanks Mike and everybody. I've had far less free time than I thought; flying back to Boston in the morning and then driving to N.Y. Saturday,

will check equipment tomorrow and make some calls if necessary although I know what I have for my own gear and what I'm bringing from

High Output in Boston, so I'm in pretty good shape. Very glad to know about all that you've suggested, thanks.

Saw this place right down the street from where I'm staying!

post-12764-1218777004.jpg