cmos ...

Matias Nicolas

hi... I am trying to understand this new camera...

what is the real sensibility of the cmos? why this info doesn't appears in the manual ... ???

Umm...I've never seen i the Varicam manual why they chose to do 3 RGB CCD's and so therefore I see no reason why RED would include that info in their manual. Not trying to be mean, it just seems like an odd bit of info to include when no other maker includes it. That said, read this thread at Reduser--it explains alot: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12345

Matthew

well but since you set the sensibility yo want in the camera , you have to think the camera as an "emulsion" , ... so If you are a dop , you set the asa in your spot meter and you are freely to go round, without watching a monitor so you can work with the F number you want...

...I think its interesting to know what parameter the red's creator used to give the cmos ...I think they should give you more info ..... and if you are shooting at 3 fps, or 12 fps, .. less than 24 ... you dont get overexposure... as you will get with a 35 mm camera... That I found it strange... so I realized, the camera continues shooting at 24 fps , but only records 3 frames per second, but you don't need to correct exposure

... there are lots ot things I found were kind of strange...

can you explain me more of this?