DP salaries in India

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can give me an idea of the salary range of DP's in India. The project is a Bollywood studio movie with name actors. It's scheduled to shoot for 6 months. I know, there is no one answer but I just want to have an idea. I have never worked in India therefore have no sense of what is too much or too little. I am based in Los Angeles.

Thank You

• Premium Member

Wow. 6 months. Sounds like a big movie.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that I have a few friends who have recently worked on Bollywood projects and they've all raved about how much money they were making. I'm not sure if it's just because they were working in the US or not, so it may not be that way when working in India.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck.

• Premium Member
Wow. 6 months. Sounds like a big movie.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that I have a few friends who have recently worked on Bollywood projects and they've all raved about how much money they were making. I'm not sure if it's just because they were working in the US or not, so it may not be that way when working in India.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck.

Hi,

I was recently been in discussions with an Indian director, I can confirm salaries offered are very good relative to the budget of the film, about 50% of my comnercials day rate but for 50 days!

Stephen