Tips/Tricks for handheld movement with Z1P

Karandeep Singh

Hi - Can you please give me tips/advice on how best to shoot handheld movement shots? I am using Sony Z1P camera and I will not have any steadycam or tracks or trolley or crane. All shots will be static or handheld. How do i keep the shake to minimum? Besides havin stable hands, any tips or tricks?

I also want to shoot a revolving shot around a character...camera shld revolve around him for approx 4-5 times in varying speed...is it possible without tracks? Like use of chair with wheels?

Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks

Search "DIY" and camera stabilizer.

However, I thought of an idea -- if your character is underneath something like a tree branch or structure, you can hang a wire to rig a stabilizer and have that travel in circles around the character. Hang the camera.

Edited by joegiambrone

• Premium Member

If you're walking with someone, walk in sync with their steps. You will shake but you will shake in the same direction as they do and it will give the impression of steadiness. With practice, you can do surprisingly steady-looking walk & talks like this.

Also wearing soft shoes or going barefoot can help you to roll from heel to toe gracefully and keep shake to a minimum.

Edited by Chris Keth