"In the Silence"

Here's some stills from a short film I'm the DP for. Also the synopsis is below. Please let me know what ya think. Also, the last one was actually taken from my D40, cause I haven't gotten the raw footage back from my director on that scene. I'll try and add more, if this site will let me. lol

"David, a sad and lonely widower, leaves his former city life behind and moves to the country. He immediately meets a traveling country man who seems warm and friendly so David allows the stranger to sleep in his new home. During the night, David hears strange noises and experiences vividly wild hallucinations--all pertaining to the man sleeping in his living room. As the dreams soon become all too real, David learns the truth behind the stranger and learns how to make the monsters go away ."

post-31117-1221339669.png

post-31117-1221339683.png

post-31117-1221339704.jpg

Oh btw, just for kicks and giggles, this short film was a completely no-budget film. So, I had to light it using only shop lights, which was a real pain, but hey, it was great for learning how to shoot something that looks ok, using minimal equipment.

Thanks.

Yeah, we shot with a canon h1.

And yeah I totally agree, as long as the equipment I have does the job then everything is good. But I totally can't wait until next summer, cause we'll have a budget and the lights I will get to use will be much easier to handle. Where as the shop lights kept braking, which made it really difficult to light. But it looks the way I want so I'm happy. :)

• 4 weeks later...