Vega 9 Prime Lenses?

Steven Wyatt

I was browsing through ebay and found these lenses: 'Russian Lens VEGA9 for Krasnogorsk 1 2 3 camera'. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mir-11Lens-2-2-12-5m...p3286.m20.l1116

and another:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bayonet-Lens-VEGA9-V...p3286.m20.l1116

Does any body here know much about these lenses or could shed any light on them? What is the optical quality like? Cheers.

Steven

I've heard they're pretty good, but isn't it a moot point?

What else is available in K-3 bayonet at these focal lengths anyway?

Heck, I just paid $290 for a Peleng 9mm for my M42 K-3, so those prices at $75 and $45 look REAL good to me.

Hi Ira,

I'm curious how much fish eye effect you will see with that 8mm lens on an M42 K-3 and what you think of it.

As for the K-3 Bayonet primes, I am noticing an odd uptick in prices. It used to be that hey were $30 at the low end and $45 at the high end. There used to just be the 12.5, 20mm and 50mm. Now there is a 10mm for $120!

I have a Mir 12.5 and feel the build quality is better then that of a nicely coated Arri-S Schneider lens because the of the simple, small glass elements. I actually like the large focus and aperture controls. The focus ring has this weird outer design for hand turning that is going to really be annoying for adding a 32 pitch gear for a follow focus.

My question to add to this debate: Some sellers on EBay say that lenses they call "OKC 1 and OKC 2" will fit the Krasnogorsk 3 Bayonet. Is this true? Olex are you out there to give an answer?

Thanks,

Dave Cramer

My question to add to this debate: Some sellers on EBay say that lenses they call "OKC 1 and OKC 2" will fit the Krasnogorsk 3 Bayonet. Is this true? Olex are you out there to give an answer?

I think, theoretically, to upgrade of russian 16 OKS lenses on K-3 bayonet mount possible.

But, need study of design of every lens.

The russian professional cine camera 16SP had very good set of prime lenses.

This is

10 mm OKS-1-10-1 f=2.8

15 mm OKS-2-15-1 f=2.8

25 mm OKS-1-25-1 f= 2.5

50 mm OKS-1-50-1 f=2.0

75 mm OKS-2-75-1 f=2.8

16 SP have similar bayonet mount, like Krasnogrsk-1, 2, 3 bayonet mount and

prime lenses of 16SP can be use with Kransogorsk cameras.

If you will ask , to take of 16 OKS prime lenses of set of Kinor-16 SX-1M camera and upgarde on lens mount of Krasnogrosk camera, I think, this possible, but, disadvantageously and will ask big money.

The every modification of lens mount will ask of precision procedures and special parts and will ask of money. That's why, the price of lens modifictaion canbe similar of price of body of Kinor-16 SX-2M camera with better mechanism, electrical motor and other.

That's why, If you think, about OKS professional lenses, can be better, if you will think about Kinor-16 SX-2M camera and do not upgrade of lens mounts of every lens.

For note, The prime lenses of Kransogorsk cameras, Mir, Vega - high quality lenses too.

Mir, Vega - civil name of lenses.

OKS- name of professional lenses.

Yes, of course, the professional lenses have more high technical requests , to have less

tolerance at production.

For comparison,

16 OKS-1-10-1 10 mm F2.8 lens have 9 glasses optical scheme, have resolution 58 lines per mm at centre and 25 at corner.

Manufacturer - KMZ, Krasnogrosk mechnical factory ( manufacturer of Kransogorsk cameras )

Mir-11 12.5 mm F2.0 ( T2.7) lens have 7 glases optical scheme, have resolution 58 lines per mm at centre and 30 at corner.

Manufacturer - KMZ, Krasnogrosk mechnical factory ( manufacturer of Kransogorsk cameras )

Vega-7 20 mm F2.0 ( T2.4) lens have 5 glasses optical scheme, have resolution 60 lines per mm at centre and 30 lines per mm at corners.

Wow,

Thank you Olex for the information! Its very valuable indeed. It looks like it should be worth investing into some of these lenses. Do you know if both types of lenses cover super 16?

Thanks,

Steven

I don't have official information about Super 16 cover.

The official information about Suepr 16 had of Optar Illumina, Elite Optics lenses only.

The russian 16 mm lenses( made in USSR ) had 'Academy 16" standard size of image only.

But, the many lenses of 16 mm and 35 mm cameras had similar optical blocks.

I know, the 50 mm lens of Konvas-1 ( 35 mm ) camera have OKS-1-50-1 optical block and

the lens 16OKS-1-50-1 of SP-16 ( 16 mm) use of similar optical block.

75 mm lens and more long lenses can cover of Super 16.

About other type of lenses, need do of test with Super 16 film gate.

Dave, I didn't get my lens yet--just made the payment yesterday. But from what I've seen via samples here, it's not too bad for exterior, and for interior, it gives you a bit more of a noticeably funky effect. (Ironically, I want it more for exterior anyway.) Center is quite good, with curvature at the edges.

Pricewise, it seems that for SOME lenses, the M42 are off the charts. If I could have found those Vegas in M42, I wouldn't have spend so much for the Peleng. I also just paid A LOT for a Paragon macro-converter, but the bayonet models out there were half the price.

Just didn't make any sense, but I guess it has to do with availability. My Takumars and Vivitars were all reasonable, but every now and then I see something and say "ouch."

I want to add a 35, a 100, and a faster 50/55 (got a 1.8 now), and that should be it, giving me a full range of primes. I MAY pull the trigger on a 400 Tak for Christmas if the price is right, for REALLY far away nature stuff. (You don't want to get too close to the alligators.)

I'm going lens-buying crazy now because I'm also going to eventually get a Rebel digital SLR body and cheap converter to use these lenses manually on.

Then the Peleng will REALLY be funky.

Edited by Ira Ratner