2K DPX Log in Apple Color

Rodrigo Silvestri

Hi. I am a student and I had the opportunity of having a free scan of my first Film short (16mm) on an Arriscan.

This is my previous post:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=32035

I am now here with my DPXs. I have 3 folders (one for each roll) and each one contains only DPX files. I want to import them to Color, so I can do my Offline master to edit in FCP.

In Color (setup, shots tabs) all the files do not seem to follow an order, and the only way to import them seems to be to grad and drop one by one.

How can I select all the files at once, and put them in Color?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

• Premium Member
Hi. I am a student and I had the opportunity of having a free scan of my first Film short (16mm) on an Arriscan.

This is my previous post:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=32035

I am now here with my DPXs. I have 3 folders (one for each roll) and each one contains only DPX files. I want to import them to Color, so I can do my Offline master to edit in FCP.

In Color (setup, shots tabs) all the files do not seem to follow an order, and the only way to import them seems to be to grad and drop one by one.

How can I select all the files at once, and put them in Color?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Hi you are going about this the wrong way round, offline then color correct not color correct then offline. you need to use gluetools or aja dpx or bm dpx converter to wrap the dpx into qts then you will probably want to chuck those qts into compressor for offline editing proxies. once you have done your cut you will then relink to your original dpx files and color correct.

keith

Hi you are going about this the wrong way round, offline then color correct not color correct then offline. you need to use gluetools or aja dpx or bm dpx converter to wrap the dpx into qts then you will probably want to chuck those qts into compressor for offline editing proxies. once you have done your cut you will then relink to your original dpx files and color correct.

keith

I have used the Black Magic utility, what is it now, Framelink?? Anyway, it worked flawlessly. Simple to use. You definitely need to do what keith has said, its not all that hard. What kind of monitor are you using for the grade?