AC'ing with a Letus 35mm adaptor, question?

Hi

Got a small job for this weekend. Think we're shooting with either HVX200 or Sony EX1, anyways, we're using a Letus 35mm adaptor, and I suddenly got a little confused.

Aren't I suppose to measure from the adaptor (where the picture gets projected on the rotating disc) or is that wrong, is it from the cameras chip I'm measuring?

Thanks

Allan

Edited by Allan Legarth Nielsen

• Premium Member
Hi

Got a small job for this weekend. Think we're shooting with either HVX200 or Sony EX1, anyways, we're using a Letus 35mm adaptor, and I suddenly got a little confused.

Aren't I suppose to measure from the adaptor (where the picture gets projected on the rotating disc) or is that wrong, is it from the cameras chip I'm measuring?

Thanks

Allan

Assuming you using motion picture lenses then the rotating ground glass. The chip on the camera is irrelevant.

Stephen

Assuming you using motion picture lenses then the rotating ground glass. The chip on the camera is irrelevant.

Stephen

While the focus plane on lens adapters are "supposed" to be the ground glass, the build on many of them are usually sub-par out of the box. I've found that the collimation of various mounts often needs to be tweaked- the Letus doesn't have the same level of engineering of P+S's micro/Pro35 units. Just make sure shoot a full set of focus tests or you may find a good deal of soft shots going solely off of tape measurements... Even then, I'd feel better with an on-board HD monitor to keep my mind at ease!