16mm Flatbed Editor

James Mehr

• Premium Member
I'm itching to edit something again on a flatbed, and I would like to buy a flatbed editor, preferably a Steenbeck. Does anyone know a good place to find one in Manhattan?

You might get in touch with Kevin Lamark at the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Film and Animation. When I graduated a year and change ago, the students are no longer going to be required to learn flatbed editing. I don't know if they'll be getting rid of their flatbed or what but that's within driving distance to you and worth the phonecall.

• Premium Member

James

I want to sell my 16 mm Steenbeck 938. It is the version one picture gang and three sound gangs. It's in very good shape with additional variable speed control 15 through 25 fps. Built in 1978, bought by Swiss TV in Geneva at the time, now in Basel. $ 2500 plus shipping. Of course, too far away for you.

Yeah, Simon, hate to hurt your sales pictch, but these days it's "Where an I *get* [for free] a 16mm Flatbed" not "Where can I buy one."

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but I will put your processing service on the list. There are a couple of other guys that do it by hand that I know of too that I'm including as well. Eventually I hope to put up a FAQ list on that sub-forum with a world-wide complete list that is constantly updated.

• Premium Member
Yeah, Simon, hate to hurt your sales pictch, but these days it's "Where an I *get* [for free] a 16mm Flatbed" not "Where can I buy one."

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but I will put your processing service on the list. There are a couple of other guys that do it by hand that I know of too that I'm including as well. Eventually I hope to put up a FAQ list on that sub-forum with a world-wide complete list that is constantly updated.

Fine. Thank you all the same