16mm ARRI S shorts

Keneu Luca

Both of these were shot with my 16mm ARRI S.

FDNY short

This piece was not planned. Here's the story. I wanted to do some tests. I was testing my Angenieux zoom lens (I've since acquired a Zeiss zoom) and I wanted to test some old reversal film I bought cheap off ebay. I shot footage at a friends fire house in Brooklyn. Since it was all test footage, I did a cheap transfer. I later realized I would be able to edit something together with the footage and this is the result. I first put this up on youtube In January 2008. Soon after, some high-ranking FDNY authorities were not happy with it and I took it off youtube. I now have re-uploaded with an added disclaimer in the description of the video:

Music video

I wanted to shoot a video to an electronic piece of music I like. I shot this alone, no crew, in my apartment. The dolly shots were a little cumbersome considering I had no crew. Some exposure issues. I could have planned some shots and transitions a little better in terms of interpreting the music. But overall, its something I don't mind putting my name on and sharing. Transfer was done at Postworks in Manhattan. This is the footage that was dubbed down from digibeta onto mini dv. Ive yet to edit the digibeta masters:

You should have the option to watch in high quality. Please do.

Edited by Keneu Luca