Wide Angle Lens for EX-1?

Jerome White

Hello all,

I was wondering, is there a wider angle lens to put on the EX-1 besides the VCLEX0877 Wide Conversion Lens from Sony? I actually cracked this lens, and was going to purchase a new one, but I have a shoot this Sunday so I will not have time until next week. Any suggestions on a place in the US, preferably the DC, Philly, or NY area that I can rent this lens or a wider angle lens for the EX-1? I would need a 77mm fitment.

After a quick google search, VCLEX0877 seems to be the only one that comes up for a 77mm thread.

Yeah, I figured that. Is there a way to go outside of that to get a wider angle on there besides using the letus adaptor? Such as using a converter of some sort.

• Premium Member

Well, how about a wide angle converter like the Red Eye? They make one in 77mm thread. I have one with a 72mm thread - it's okay, it does have a lot a barrel distortion but it's sharp. Century makes one too.

http://www.vfgadgets.com/grip-camera/redey...e-angle-adapter

http://store.zacuto.com/product.php?produc...at=0&page=1

Or you could try the Zeiss Aspheron adapter which has an 80mm clamp on ring for the Super Speeds. You'd need a step up up ring, but it could work. A lot of rental houses should have it in your area.

Edited by Satsuki Murashige

Wow, thanks guys. Really helped me out alot. My shoot got cancelled due to all the rain so I am still looking to purchase one. I think I will purchase the Century wide angle lens. It is just what I need for a wider field of view. I found a great price on B&H for $400, so I will be purchasing it. Thanks alot for your help. This site is indeed great.