smallformat 4/2008: "My film diary" contest

Jurgen Lossau

esf8-4in465.jpg

smallformat 4/2008 will be shipped in two weeks. We are very happy to present a lot of great articles from our readers - submissions for the "my film diary" contest sponsored by Kodak. Another 3 examples in this issue; 6 articles will follow in the next two issues.

Here are all the topics:

clapper CUSTOMERS AS GUINEA PIGS? Jürgen Lossau about problems with Super 8 and 16mm film stocks

my film diary NO USE Philip Evans from Dublin (Ireland) about a different visual approach to his skate videos ? using Super 8

my film diary SIXTEEN BRIGHT NIGHTS Elias Djemil from Canada describes ?one hell of an experience?

my film diary THE CHAPEL WALL Pelle Koornstra was filming with his Nizo in Belgium

portrait SUPER 8 IN SINGAPORE A little Asian company works with Super 8. Jürgen Lossau asked Gözde and Russell Zehnder about their experiences

portrait GILES ON SUPER 8 An interview with Giles Perkins, the man behind www.onsuper8.org

super-8 CANON STRIPTEASE Michael Wirthig from Austria stripped his 1014 XL-S. Have a look at a camera exposed?

super-8 A REAL FIND Con Koutsomitis from Australia is exploring the Canon 1014XL-S

super-8 SALVAGING SAVONAROLA Nathan Coombs from Great Britain had to rescue a Super 8 short

16mm FRENCH ELEGANCE The history of the Beaulieu R16 series, revealed by Dr. Carl-Hellmut Hoefer (part 2)

test A MOUSE AMONG ELEPHANTS Jürgen Lossau takes a look at Gakken?s hand cranked S8/N8 projector

power pack IT?S THE CLUTCH Terry Mester presents his solution to image jitter. Daniel Wittner of Wittner Cinetec and James Grahame answer to Terry Mester?s hypothesis

the old babies LADY IN BLUE Hans-Lothar Wisskirchen takes a look at the Pentaflex 8, a Double 8 camera from the former GDR

screening A MIRACLE OF COLOR AND SOUND The great documentary ?Shikashika? kidnaps viewers for a colourful trip to Peru. Jürgen Lossau talked to filmmaker Stephen Hyde (USA)

screening OUT OF THE BOX (13) Comedy classics ? another episode in the history of the package movies, reported by Keith Wilton, Doug Meltzer and John Clancy

forum LETTERS TO THE EDITOR about the right film stocks and about the first Santorini film festival (Greece)

zoom DIRECTORAMA Peet Gelderblom?s cine comic