Where to buy supplies?

Hello everyone!

I'm new into the world of AC'ing and I'm looking to start my ditty bag. Where in Toronto, ON is the best place to buy A.C. supplies??? I went to Vistek, but they don't have everything. I'm looking for that everything kind of store. Anybody?

I don't know about local shops in Toronto, but most AC's I know get their gear online (or in-person if you're a left-coaster, I suppose) from FilmTools. I also recommend Kits & Expendables in NYC, though their web-site is not nearly as detailed as FT's. There are a few more local shops in the US that I know of, such as RayGun in NYC, but I think the two linked above are a great start.

• Premium Member
Filmtools is great to order from. They'll really put the rush on it if you need them to.

Yeah, but for some obscure reason they won't ship to Europe with the exception of the UK! Which is a pain in the rear end...

Cheers, Dave

If you're starting out...go to Home Depot or some sort of Hardware Chain...you can get at least 3/4 of the stuff you need there...for way cheaper.

Then when you start actually making money you can supplement your kit with fancy brand-named camera geek gear...

• Premium Member
Yeah, but for some obscure reason they won't ship to Europe with the exception of the UK! Which is a pain in the rear end...

Cheers, Dave

Well that's no good. Is there a decent replacement for the rest of Europe?