First trailer for "In the Silence" is up.

John Allen

Here's a trailer for a film called "In the Silence" that I did the cinematography for. The trailer is a very early trailer, so it's pretty rough. For example the we still are scoring the music for it. Also, it's not a very high quality file, but we'll try and get an HD one up soon. Hope you enjoy and please leave comments and tell me how I'm doing. :)

http://www.brakelitefilms.blogspot.com/

Edited by John Allen

Looks interesting. I think the media player you're using might be squishing it a bit though. Faces look a little bit squished horizontally. Compression might also have milked the blacks a bit. The night interior footage may be a bit oversaturated. The light on some shots almost has a redish hue that looks like sodium vapor streetlight. I like the outdoor cinematography and the titles and music is great. I'm not sure I get the story completely though. Not yet. But I'm curious and that's good.

Thanks. :)

Yeah I think your right about the compression. I'll have to ask the director, he rendered it.

Also, I used a rosco deep straw gel which was a yellowish colour on other footage, but on this it almost looks red, which I'm not sure why. I'll have to look at it again.

Thanks again. I'm young and there are soo many things that I wish I would've done differently, but now I get to do them in the next film. :)

• Premium Member

I agree it looks pretty good minus the compression/oversaturation mentioned. Some of the lighting was a bit too harsh for my taste, but without seeing in in the full film, it may well be justified. (and hell, I'm a sucker for soft window-light). Good music too and great location. The shot through the grasses reminded me of a shot in The New World.

Thanks. :)

Oh and btw, the music isn't ours, it's from The Assasination of Jesse James. Because, we're not done with the score yet we had to use some other music.

John..just FYI you can't legally synch up copyrighted music to video and publish it on the web the way you have done. It may seem like a minor thing but unless you have a release from the copyright holder, you can't do it. This is a big reason why YouTube gets into trouble with the big music producers.

I know producers do it all the time, but every time they do they expose themselves to legal action.

I'm not going to tell on you, but I just thought you should know so that nothing bad happens down the road.

R,

Ok, so if your wondering why the trailer isn't available anymore, it's because we deleted it. We'll try and put it back up when we've scored the music for it. Actually, it will probably look a whole lot better than it did, cause the old one was all raw footage and the sound wasn't mixed yet either.

But please check out the blog for photo's and other news.

http://www.brakelitefilms.blogspot.com/