Has anyone had their documentary shown on TV/cable

Derick Thomas

Hi All, I'm really interested in learning what to charge a network as license fee for an hour documentary? I completely understand that prices may vary depending on the network, cable or otherwise. I'm trying to establish a reasonable amount, or I'm I on wrong track here. Help Please.

Thanks

Hi All, I'm really interested in learning what to charge a network as license fee for an hour documentary? I completely understand that prices may vary depending on the network, cable or otherwise. I'm trying to establish a reasonable amount, or I'm I on wrong track here. Help Please.

Thanks

You can try e-mailing the programmer and asking for a ballpark figure, never hurts.

Or you can e-mail other producers via the web sites for their shows, and ask them. They might tell you.

Typically prices are all over the map, very tough to nail down. Usually the net makes an offer to the producer if they decide to do an acquisition. You can then accept or reject the offer.

R,

You can try e-mailing the programmer and asking for a ballpark figure, never hurts.

Or you can e-mail other producers via the web sites for their shows, and ask them. They might tell you.

Typically prices are all over the map, very tough to nail down. Usually the net makes an offer to the producer if they decide to do an acquisition. You can then accept or reject the offer.

R,

Thanks, those are very good suggestions.