My edge coding machines arrived today!!

James Steven Beverly

In my ongoing effort to get my lab, editing room and studio up and running, I have been searching for an edge coding machine for a couple of years now and was finally able to secure a pair of Acmade coders (one for part or backup) to help complete my edition bay. That leaves only a pair of long shaft rewinds, a synchronizer (I'd like to get a viewer type but we'll see what I can afford) and a Moviola upright with the 'scope bubble for sound editing. (though I may try and pick up a 4 plate KEM, Moviola or Steenbeck 'scope flatbed to use at the house so I'm not tied to the studio all night.) MAN it's been a bitch but I managed to finally get pretty much everything I need to edit old school at less than it would cost to rent the stuff for 2 months (the time I figure I'll need to edit......IF I'm lucky. :D ) Anyone else besides me and Speilberg still editing old school right now (anyone here I mean? I have the Domino film scanner but I figure it will actually save cash to edit traditionally, project the results (hopefully if front of a test audience, we have a SuperSimplex dual sound projector), then scan the completed negative edit into the computer for color correction if necessary. Having read and studied this, I can hardly wait to start cutting. I think this is gonna be a blast!! B)

• 3 weeks later...