HDW700 Documentary and ridiculous interlaced artifacts

Andrew Sobey

Originally I was just going to post this link and ask what people thought, what shots/mini-sequences work and which ones don't work, etc. But after 3 attempts at exporting and uploading this, now I'm also wondering how one gets rid of this damn interlaced artifact look. It's not just a case of watching interlaced footage on a progressive (computer) monitor, because it looks much better here than it does after the flash conversion that blip.tv does.

So, if you can get over the interlaced thing, please critique our work, lay into it, tear us to shreds, whatever (I'm not just being pessimistic here, I really do want to hear the worst of it, because we pat ourselves on the back enough to not really need more self-esteem boosts). Let us know what works and what doesn't.

Or, if you can't get over that (and I certainly can't) do you have any advice for how to get rid of it? I've tried the simple "De-interlace source video" option in the QT export, and that doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Oh yeah, here's the link:

http://www.brewedawakening.blip.tv

enjoy

• Premium Member

Hi,

You're barking up the right tree in that it simply needs to be deinterlaced. On a PC I'd just pull out VirtualDub and do it there, but I don't know what your options are on a Mac. Sounds like the Quicktime option you're setting ought to work, but if not, maybe you can look for a deinterlace filter in FCP or whatever you're using.

P