Film & Color temp.

Ill be filming with 16mm tungsten and daylight balanced stock, now the school only provides us with tungsten lights. I am trying to get a warm orange/reddish tone on tungsten stock so would 1/2 cto do the trick shooting with tungesten stock or would it be too much? Or would it be easier to shoot with daylight stock and put 1/2 ctb on the lights? I have no idea how warm either would look, any help will be much appreciated. Also this is for a night interior scene

thanks

Jesse

Edited by Jesse Aragon

Hey Jesse,

Assuming that you don't have a budget for testing with film stock, I would say that the best (and cheapest) way that you can see whether 1/4, 1/2 or full cto is the right choice for you, is to grab a digital slr and take some test pics.

The daylight ctb option just seems like you are working against yourself.

Definitely keep to your tungsten stock and lights and just warm them up accordingly to the look that you want to achieve.

Test, test and more test is right way to go.

Good Luck!

P.S out of curiosity, why you using daylight stock on a night interior shoot?

Edited by Serge Teulon

P.S out of curiosity, why you using daylight stock on a night interior shoot?

honestly no clue lol, I thought maybe it would be easier since the tungsten lights would be warm but I don't know how it would look.

I was also wondering, if your shooting with tungsten stock and tungsten lights would the color render the same if you apply the same shift value to daylight stock and daylight balanced lights. So i guess what im trying to say is does a shift with (tungsten balanced stock w/ tungsten lights lets say 3200k to 2800k) equal to (daylight film/ daylight balanced lights 5500k to 5100k)? Or would it look different?

Thanks

Jesse