Frankie and Alice

I thought I might give this a try. A weekly, possibly, maybe daily, occasional report from the set of "Frankie and Alice" . A feature film starring Halle Berry and directed by Geoffrey Sax with cinematographer Tom Sigel. It will be from a gaffer's point of view, however. If you are interested let me know and I'll see what I can divulge(did I spell that right?). Suffice to say this is not a big budget film. Far from it. and the mountains are bursting out of the ground hourly. I have to say that in my 20+ years in the business, this is definitely one of the most challenging projects I've ever worked on. I must say that the crew is pure pro. Everyone here is commited to doing the best job they can. However we are all used to looser reins and to try to maintain our level of craft while under these constraints is definitly a test of tact, expertise and determination. I must sleep now. More soon (hopefully)

JD

I'm sorry I haven't got back to this but it's been a brutal 2 weeks. Suffice to say that I'll have a few stories to tell by Dec. 17. It's difficult because I can't back up the stories with photos which, I think, would make it more interesting for you up and comers. Anyways, I haven't abandoned this. I just wanna do it justice.

JD