frazier lens help!

Hi

I'm looking for informations about films which were been shot with frazier lenses. It's importatnt for me because I write a thesis on my studies about lenses and I need some particular examples of using fraziers. Do you know any movies shot with fraziers?

• Premium Member
Hi

I'm looking for informations about films which were been shot with frazier lenses. It's importatnt for me because I write a thesis on my studies about lenses and I need some particular examples of using fraziers. Do you know any movies shot with fraziers?

You could ask Panavision. I'm sure they have a list.

Any of the doco stuff shot by Jim Himself. I actually did a couple of jobs with Jim as an assistant where he came out with his *orginal* lens on some TVC's.

His patent was successfully challenged by P+S I think with their T-rex system.

jb

• 10 months later...
Hi

I shot one commercial lately on fraziers with 900R+pro35 - on the panavision set. It might be a great lens with a film camera, but is a real pain in the ass on HD in a studio and tungsten light... it works properly from T.11, and if you are using pro35 you loose another 2 stops. Now imagine lighting for that in a studio with tungsten light...

In the set you have different lens Canon and Nikkon - on HD you could notice that you need to adjust detial to match the sharpness of different lens. If you want to use that setup you need a day of preparations to adjust all the lens (digitally in the camera).

And the last thing about using this with pro35 - even if you set the speed on pro35 to 8 you could still feel the groundglass rotating - probably because the lens were closed to T.11 and the adapters prefer wide open lens in front.

But on the other hand the lens made their job - we needed them for extreme depth of field.

Great lens but I wouldn't recomend them for HD. Havn't tested on RED yet.

Chris

PS. Tomek chyba sie poznalismy przy okazji "Na kredyt" rok temu;) Obroniles juz prace?

Pozdr

Edited by Krzysztof Wlodarczyk