Bolex EBM Battery

Mitsos Triantopoulos

Hello everyone,

I am making my first foray into the real of 16mm filmmaking with a Bolex EBM that was generously offered to me by a friend.

It does not have a battery, though. I looked around the internet and found the following two at http://www.cameraspro.com/cam13powchar.html

1200mAmps: $150.00 (N-C)

2200mAmps: $235.00 (M-H no memory!)

They seem pricey to me... or not?

I looked around in this forum but did not find any suggestions for creating your own.

Would anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers,

Mitsos

Hello everyone,

I am making my first foray into the real of 16mm filmmaking with a Bolex EBM that was generously offered to me by a friend.

It does not have a battery, though. I looked around the internet and found the following two at http://www.cameraspro.com/cam13powchar.html

1200mAmps: $150.00 (N-C)

2200mAmps: $235.00 (M-H no memory!)

Well, Id be careful building your own unless you know what you are doing, just make sure it gives you 12v. I recently got an EBM myself, but I need to rely on it, so i don't use the 20 or so year old battery grip thing. Besides, most of the time Its either on a tripod, or a better handheld method. I'd recommend getting a standard battery(belt, box, whatever) for any camera, and a pin adapter for the bolex. It may not be much cheaper, though it will probably be more reliable. Your other option is to look for a used one... But used batteries... Good luck

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

We used to use a Cine 60 battery belt with our EBM. There is a base for that camera for mounting it on a tripod and it has a receptor that the Cine 60 plugged into. You could shoot like ten 400 foot mags on one charge of the Cine 60.

-Tim

Thank you all for the replies,

so far I soldered two wires to the poles of a 12V battery and plugged them in to both the handle jack as well as the jack when you don't use the handle and the camera did not run.

It has run in the past, so it is kind of baffling why it is "stuck" now, but until I get it unstuck I probably should not spend a lot on batteries...

M. :(