dead battery

Brant Jones

Hey, first time poster here with a question about 16mm camera batteries. Hopefully this is the correct forum!

I have a few Bescor PRB-12's containing Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

Should they be disposed or recycled? Or should they be repaired and re-celled? Where would be the best/safest place for each of these alternatives? Thanks!

Hey, first time poster here with a question about 16mm camera batteries. Hopefully this is the correct forum!

I have a few Bescor PRB-12's containing Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

Should they be disposed or recycled? Or should they be repaired and re-celled? Where would be the best/safest place for each of these alternatives? Thanks!

Hey Brian,

I contacted the Sanitation department where I live. After 2 emails I got the address and dropped them off to the happy attendant. I had the same batteries. I purchased new ones that were not too expensive. It was a Powersonic.

Tom

• Premium Member
Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

If you take the battery units in to be re-celled, it is likly that the supplier will have an contact to recycle the old batteries. Since they contain lead, they should be turned in to a scrap dealer who will have the lead recycled. depending on the weight and the local market, there may even be a coulple of bucks scrap value. Lead batteries have well established recycling chains as they are used as Car Batteries.

Radio Shack used to advertise that they would recell just about any battery.