RED for sale

Hunter Hampton

• Premium Member

Value is over $24K, Best offer over $20k takes it.

Send E-mail to: hunter@hunterhrichards.com

Howdy doodie-

I have come to a point where its better for me to rent a camera than invest in this one. This camera has done very well for me and I will continue to use Red cameras (just not own one at this time!).

First off, everything is in good condition. This stuff hasn't been on the "Rental market". There are only minor signs of use. I just got the camera back from Red headquarters to get it checked out (This camera doesn't yet have the audio or i-pin upgrade yet but it will be available to you as soon as the serial number comes up). This camera is still under warranty as well and it is the most "stable" Red One I have ever used- thank goodness.

So here's what I have- Very basic package- just add lenses:

1x Red one body w/PL mount

1x CF module

1x BNC adapter

1x mini-XLR adapter

1x Top mount

1x Top handle

1x Battery Plate

1x HR lightweight battery mount

3x 8GB CF cards

3x Red brick batteries

1x Red charger

1x Aux power cable

1x Red 5.6" LCD (newer one)

1x Short Red arm

1x Red LCD cable

1x Custom lightweight 15mm baseplate (60mm spacing)

1 pair x 15mm 9" stainless iris rods

1 pair x 15mm 4" Carbon fiber iris rods

1x Lexar Professional firewire 800 CF Reader

1x Black/Red Portabrace semi-rigid carry-on bag for the Camera and accessories

The value is around $24,000. I am looking for the best offer over $20,000.

My serial is 1244 so you also get ahead of some 4000+ other people for scarlet and epic. Not to mention the camera is worth its full value for trade-in to epic.

Save a few thousand!

I will post when its sold.

And to answer the "Why are you selling it?" Question:

Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying a red one at first. Then I had a few longer jobs come up and so I bought it and everything went well. Being that I have a very basic camera package, I often rent the needed accessories per job, and sometimes its actually cheaper to rent a whole camera package with ET and Arri gear for cheaper than just renting the accessories for use on my camera- go figure! I only use this camera a few days per month now and I have been on a film binge. I have been wanting to get an aaton a-minima to use for some personal projects and b-roll, so thats what I am planning on doing. I am going to buy a used a-minima and then defer the rest of the money I get from the sale to pay off some other bills.

Like I said earlier, For me this inst a departure from the Red system, I really like the Red and I like working with the Red. I am still going to shoot on Red, it just wont be my camera that I use.

• Premium Member

I have been asked to show pictures, here are some (matteboxes, tripods, handgrips and other accessories not listed above are obviously not included):

3018311482_59467c981b_o.jpg

3018311696_8ef076007c.jpg

3018311634_235e780f21_o.jpg

3017474259_80216d8874_o.jpg

3017474249_8a1775ee09_o.jpg

(there is now black velcro instead of white for using sunshades- I can take it off if you want)

Portbrace:

3017474241_86f206b5c1_o.jpg

And here is proof about what I said about renting camera packages from someone else instead of getting accessories for mine!:

3017474235_0463d207d7.jpg

Value is over $24K, Best offer over $20k takes it.

Send E-mail to: hunter@hunterhrichards.com

Howdy doodie-

I have come to a point where its better for me to rent a camera than invest in this one. This camera has done very well for me and I will continue to use Red cameras (just not own one at this time!).

First off, everything is in good condition. This stuff hasn't been on the "Rental market". There are only minor signs of use. I just got the camera back from Red headquarters to get it checked out (This camera doesn't yet have the audio or i-pin upgrade yet but it will be available to you as soon as the serial number comes up). This camera is still under warranty as well and it is the most "stable" Red One I have ever used- thank goodness.

So here's what I have- Very basic package- just add lenses:

1x Red one body w/PL mount

1x CF module

1x BNC adapter

1x mini-XLR adapter

1x Top mount

1x Top handle

1x Battery Plate

1x HR lightweight battery mount

3x 8GB CF cards

3x Red brick batteries

1x Red charger

1x Aux power cable

1x Red 5.6" LCD (newer one)

1x Short Red arm

1x Red LCD cable

1x Custom lightweight 15mm baseplate (60mm spacing)

1 pair x 15mm 9" stainless iris rods

1 pair x 15mm 4" Carbon fiber iris rods

1x Lexar Professional firewire 800 CF Reader

1x Black/Red Portabrace semi-rigid carry-on bag for the Camera and accessories

The value is around $24,000. I am looking for the best offer over $20,000.

My serial is 1244 so you also get ahead of some 4000+ other people for scarlet and epic. Not to mention the camera is worth its full value for trade-in to epic.

Save a few thousand!

I will post when its sold.

And to answer the "Why are you selling it?" Question:

Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying a red one at first. Then I had a few longer jobs come up and so I bought it and everything went well. Being that I have a very basic camera package, I often rent the needed accessories per job, and sometimes its actually cheaper to rent a whole camera package with ET and Arri gear for cheaper than just renting the accessories for use on my camera- go figure! I only use this camera a few days per month now and I have been on a film binge. I have been wanting to get an aaton a-minima to use for some personal projects and b-roll, so thats what I am planning on doing. I am going to buy a used a-minima and then defer the rest of the money I get from the sale to pay off some other bills.

Like I said earlier, For me this inst a departure from the Red system, I really like the Red and I like working with the Red. I am still going to shoot on Red, it just wont be my camera that I use.

I saw a sweet A minima package on Mandy for about 12k. It did not include lens.