wireless mic to XDCAM

By "set up" do you mean mount and connect a wireless reciever, or just connect?

If the former, what make/model of reciever do you have, and where do you intend to mount it. I've

never worked with that model before, and hence have no idea what kind of threads/plates/etc Sony has

to mount a wireless reciever.

If the latter, connect the XLR to either CH-3 or CH-4 on the rear of the camera. Open the side

control panel. Set the audio channels to MANUAL (Just under the volume knobs). Then set the inputs

to R (Rear) or W (Wireless - If you are using a Sony unit that has propreitary connectivity). In the top left

corner of the control panel, set your monitor mix.

Good luck.

Thanks Ross,

You saved me at the last minute. My call time is tomorow and I just wanted to be prepared so that when I get on set I can have everything hooked up an ready to go before the DP arrives. I've never hooked up a wireless mic and I guess I was just nervous that there was more to it, but it seems like it's a very easy set up.

Thanks again!

Channels 1 and 2 on the XDCAM HD 330 are the front mounted XLRs, placed for use with a hot-shoe/viewfinder mounted shotgun.

Dont think thats right.. the one XLR at the front of the camera is ofcourse for on board shotgun... any feeds from a mixer/wireless link are into the 2 XLR,s in the rear.. infact 3 and 4 are mostly set to be the front mic.. on auto..

Actually, I ended up confusing myself. The XLRs are (not) labeled, but rather have input selection switches directly above them that allow you to set which inputs they are (In a pair).

The camera comes from the factory with Channels 3 + 4 mapped to the rear inputs, 1 + 2 to the front. That's Sony for you.

So many small switches to forget about and record unusable audio.

Haha! yes audio is tricky with all these switches ..and as you say.. just one in the wrong place and the audio can go out the window..!!

Still strange they should send from the factory with 3/4 rear.. as traditionally your main sound on doc,s anyway would be 1/2... for sure you wouldnt want the mixer connected to the front of the camera..!!!

Thanks