beaulieu 4008 problem, need help

Jorge Rondao

Hi, I bought a beaulieu 4008 ZM4 on ebay, was apparently the only battery that was discharged, but even before the battery will charge by express some things, the look is more normal for the display to see the focus etc, but when I look at display only I have a flat image and 1 / 3 of the image in the rest low is black, will damage the guillotine or works only with the battery?

I have no instructions, and

I do not know for serving the contacts back to the bottom of the display,

where is the lock?

so is the small button underneath the lens?

Where to adjust the speed?

So that is threaded over the entrance of the filter plate that eliminates 85?

Please happy the owners of these cameras help me in what they can, if somebody has the manual thank

I would have to help on the first point to whether to return or not the camera or it is worth getting .

Excuse my English but is not good ...

dxjtda93404202ic7.jpg

pict5199bv6.jpg

pict5198bl2.jpg

pict5184lw1.jpg

pict5182tt1.jpg

pict5175hj5.jpg

pict5172jd6.jpg

Regards

Jorge

• Premium Member

You probably have an interior plastic piece stuck in the film path line-of -sight. Sometimes 40 -year- old glue detaches and those pieces rattle around inside the camera body cavity.If you open the camera door and look through the rear of the aperture and through the lens, you can see what happens with the 85 filter. When you push the metal slide at the handle base in and take it out, you will see the 85 shift in and out of view.

Hope this helps.

• Premium Member

Hi, appears your shutter is half open, charge your battery, turn the camera to auto and see what happens. The purpose of the button under the lens is a focussing aid, with a charged battery, camera on auto, pressing the button will open the iris up on the lens, and cause the zoom to go either to the 40 or 70mm focal length, this makes focussing easier...

Don't think it's a half-open shutter since it is angled off the horizontal. This camera has a horizontal shutter.

Thank you all, problem solved.

Apparently was a lack of battery, but not exclusively, the problem is that when using the cable of electric shot that happens sometimes the curtain is not in place, then did several times in normal shooting and released, and should have used this cable in testing the camera until it ran out of battery power and then stayed like that.

Regards

Jorge