Foton A-3

Dan Cordle

Hello all,

Hoping I can get a little input from anyone who's used a Foton 37-140 zoom with a rear anamorphic adapter (A-3)

My Foton has an OCT-18 mount with an OCT-18 to OCT-19 adapter. I recently received a Foton A-3, rear anamorphic adapter for the Foton which screws into the rear of the lens. I've found that when the adapter is in place, it's so long that mounting it on the Konvas would damage the shutter. Perhaps I'm missing something, but am thinking the adapter is meant for use with a different camera. I've found no information about this adapter online. Anyone here have any experience with the Foton A-3?

Hello all,

Hoping I can get a little input from anyone who's used a Foton 37-140 zoom with a rear anamorphic adapter (A-3)

My Foton has an OCT-18 mount with an OCT-18 to OCT-19 adapter. I recently received a Foton A-3, rear anamorphic adapter for the Foton which screws into the rear of the lens. I've found that when the adapter is in place, it's so long that mounting it on the Konvas would damage the shutter. Perhaps I'm missing something, but am thinking the adapter is meant for use with a different camera. I've found no information about this adapter online. Anyone here have any experience with the Foton A-3?

Photos would be helpful to solve your problem. Also as always ASK OLEX and I am 99% sure he will know the answer.

Hello all,

The first series of Foton lenses had OST-18 lens mounts and use with Konvas-1,1M cameras.

The next version of Konvas-2M cameras have OST-19 lens mount and Foton's receive of new version of rear part with OST-19 lens mount.

But, A some Fotons with OST-18 lens mounts will upgrade on OST-19 by instalation of mount adapter.

This is adapters had hand made design.

That's why, the better, if you find of original factory version of OST-19 mount rear part of Foton, because, Foton can be adjust with high quality ( flange focal distance ).

You can use of Foton with lens mount adapter, But, you need check of detailed of desigh of lens mount adapter. Need pictures of this adapter.

If you send me request on my personal email, i can give you additional pictures and size for checking.