Lighting Kit & 200T

I'm looking to pick up a light kit for some indoor shooting on Super 8. I want to use 200T and TriX 160T. I Don't have any experience adding light, but want to be able to light subjects, ect.. mainly close shots. want to get a good exposure on 200T with tight grain, but without harsh light. not looking to spend a whole lot, but will something like this do the trick? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3852319677&rd=1

appreciate any helpful advice :huh:

• Premium Member

Those reflector dish units take ordinary lightbulbs or photofloods (250 watt and 500 watt.) They should work fine for shooting at 200 ASA in ordinary rooms. You can also get some porcelain sockets at a hardware store and rig them into a Chinese Lantern with a 500 watt photoflood inside for another soft-light unit -- just don't let the bulb swing over and touch the paper lantern and turn it off between takes.

• Premium Member
Thank You David. I got a 3 piece 1250W kit. can't wait to experiment with tungston lighting, till now its all been daylight or stage light. I won't need any correction, but does anyone know of gels i can look into to creat different looks?

There are all sorts of color shifting filters that can make it look slightly (or drastically, depending on the filter) warmer or cooler. Look around www.tiffen.com at their filter section. That will give you a good idea of what's available.