3 perf and ARRI 535B

osama rasheed

Hallo all.

i have a technical question more than theory question.

I am working know in Baghdad/Iraq a future film with 35 mm film stock and Arri 535B camera, the thing is, that i know that this camera can work with the 3 perf System. But the standard is 4 perf. So here comes the question , Can I change it to 3pef easily or should I convert something in the Body? And if I don't need any thing else to bring to the camera how could i change it to 3 perf? The camera came with a user guide which doesn't contain anything about this issue. Only about the Pitch adjustment.

And any tips for this topic will help me a lot.

Thanks a lot.

cheers

• Premium Member
Hallo all.

i have a technical question more than theory question.

I am working know in Baghdad/Iraq a future film with 35 mm film stock and Arri 535B camera, the thing is, that i know that this camera can work with the 3 perf System. But the standard is 4 perf. So here comes the question , Can I change it to 3pef easily or should I convert something in the Body? And if I don't need any thing else to bring to the camera how could i change it to 3 perf? The camera came with a user guide which doesn't contain anything about this issue. Only about the Pitch adjustment.

And any tips for this topic will help me a lot.

Thanks a lot.

cheers

Hi,

It needs a 3 perf gate & gearing changed. It's a workshop job, probably quite expensive.

Stephen

Hi,

It needs a 3 perf gate & gearing changed. It's a workshop job, probably quite expensive.

Stephen

hi Stephen

thanks for the quick replay.

i thought i could just mange with changing with Pitch adjustment.

i have another quastion. with cameras video assist i could mange the color tempreture from auto. dazlight or tungesten. but if i work with filter 85 and film stock with 200T i can just live at tungesten, am i right. or it is another calculating stufs?

thanks again

• Premium Member

Hi,

The pitch adjustment is to make the camera quieter, stock varies a little batch to batch.

The color temperature adjustment is just for the video camera, it has no effect on the film. Ideally use an 85 filter but many people don't bother.

Stephen

hi Stephen

thanks for the quick replay.

i thought i could just mange with changing with Pitch adjustment.

i have another quastion. with cameras video assist i could mange the color tempreture from auto. dazlight or tungesten. but if i work with filter 85 and film stock with 200T i can just live at tungesten, am i right. or it is another calculating stufs?

thanks again