Trailer/Reel Shortfilm

David Avila

Hello everybody,

This is a link for a trailer of my last shortfilm http://www.vimeo.com/2661915...

Pleases don´t be afraid to be hard on me ;) , it´s the only way to improve my work...

Thank you so much,

PD: We shooting with JVC GY-HD101 :rolleyes:

David,

I tired to look at you video, but get the following error message "Sorry, there is no page with that URL"

upsss Repeat

My biggest complaint is your production design. As a director of photography, it is your responsibility to work very closely with the production designer to accomplish a scenery which is photographable and works for the story. I don't know the story just based off of your trailer, but unless you wanted boring white walls to sometimes be distracting or really boring looking, I would have had more texture in the background. Too many shots were dull and uninteresting... no character... not the characters or lighting, but the backgrounds.

Despite the patter, color, or size, something on those walls that could tell us more about where we are, the mental state of the character or just for the sake of a better looking image would have been much better.

Good lighting, just wished the walls didn't make me want to hang myself.

If you wanted white walls, maybe water stains, cracks, scuffs, etc. would have made the over all frame more interesting.

My 0.02$

Edited by Ryan Patrick OHara

David:

I liked the images (interrogation room with the door in the background, desaturated water scenes), and synch with music. However, I can't follow the story from the clip. Are you planning voice over? This might pull it all together.

To Ryan:

You´re right, I´m agree with you, the only problem was they hired me one week before they will be shooting, I couldn´t choose location, costumes or anything... very, very low budget sortfilm I´m afraid.

In any case thanks for the advice.

To Dan:

It´s is only a trailer, The full story lenght 26 minutes. ;)