Looking for a "gritty/realistic" DOP

-Moved from Cinematographers forum-

Hey all, I'm in talks to with a production company to make a film that I wrote. Though it's still considered in the "Development" stage, and probably will be for the next two years, I'm trying to get a good amount of info into my mind about who and what I want to make this film with.

So, does anyone out there know some popular (or unknown) cinematographers who are good at makin' a film look gritty, realistic, etc?

I'm looking to shoot it on Super 16mm with Aaton's A-Minima and XTRplus cameras. If you know any DOPs who have shot on these cameras or in this format, don't hesitate to mention them as well. The budget for this film is looking to be as low as $500,000 USD, but the production company has said that they can produce a film up to $3 Million.

Any info is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Kevin

Sorry, I meant to actually say, "who here wants to help me?"

An answer to your question Marcus is: Unknown as of now. The next few weeks may tell. But, as I said, the slate for the prod. company is about two years out, and the story is aimed for a spring or summer shoot, so it could be as early as Spring 2011, or could be as far out as Summer 2012.

Good luck with the project, Kevin. I kind of guessed you might be shooting in Florida because we're such a close neighbor.

As you progress, let me know what types of locations you're looking for. I would really get a kick out of researching and driving around the state to find the appropriate spots to take photos and detail the specifications for your review, not to mention handling the other logistics, including permitting.

Which isn't much of big deal down here for small productions nowadays. In THIS economy, the county and city agencies responsible for attracting film production just want productions to put on their resumes to justify their JOBS.

Again, any way I can pitch in, I'll be glad to help. At 52, married with children, and as a graphic artist for the Turnpike, I don't expect fame or a buck for this. Just want to have some fun.

And if you can modify any scenes to take place along Florida's Turnpike, as well as in a Service Plaza along the Turnpike (including inside concessions), I'm sure as hell that I can help you with THAT.