lost my monitor output

cineshooter

Hello All:

I hope somebody can clear this problem up for me. I have the SDX-900, I had set up a shot viewed through the monitor. The director asked if I could truck to the right a bit, I lifted the camera and the stix at the same time walked over a couple of steps panned the camera to set the framing and the monitor output was gone. we changed the monitor cable, still no picture. Set up a different monitor (the backup monitor does not go into 16:9) still no picture. Changed the monitor cable again, still no picture. Then we plugged the monitor into the 'monitor output' on the back of the camera (I always use the ouput on the right side of the camera) and still no picture. So my question is could I have somehow touched something while changing the camera position that turned off the monitor output, or did something serious happen to this camera?

Thanks,

JD

WWW.CINESHOOTER.COM

• Premium Member

Was the monitor powered separately? A common problem with the Sony F900 is for the DC-out fuse to blow, making it difficult to power the Miranda and onboard monitors using that outlet. I've even rented F900's where the fuse was blown already.

But it sounds like you weren't getting a picture signal out of the camera, which seems odd since it is a fairly basic pass-through system.

• Premium Member

1. Check the OUTPUT SEL switch next to the CH3 audio control and make sure it didn't get bumped to OFF.

2. Check SYSTEM SETTINGS > OUPUT SELECT > VIDEO OUT SEL. If this is set to SDI and you don't have an SDI monitor, it could throw you off.

J