Importance of Sundance

2 films I worked on in the past 2 years made it into Sundance this year!! aside from being super psyched and impressed I want to know how important it is to have on my resume I was only a minor player in both movies as they were some of my first but I want to look like Im working on some quality productions.

I think this is personal chioce, I tend only to mention awards rather than getting into festivals - unless I directed the film.

I did a day's Steadicam work on a feature film that won awards at Sundance, but I probably won't put the awards in my CV. However, if I was the DP on that film I would put the awards in.

If you're just starting out putting "selected for Sundance" wouldn't do any harm as long as you're not claiming more than your credit in the films.

• Premium Member

I get hundreds of head shots a month. Most have a line like the one I got yesterday "featured next to Angelina Jolie in ..." .

That means I was an extra in a film. So if you think what you did was deserving of mentioning it, do. But those of us that read through the lines will either see that you were involved with a project that had more recognition, or you are a bit player trying to make it sound like you are something you are not. I don't know the actual circumstance so can only offer you that.