Digital Age Short Film Competition (WIN THE SCARLET!)

Paul James Savarese

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
[quote name='Chris Pickle' date='Mar 2 2009, 12:47 PM' post='276053'The prize is a non-existent camera?

Chris

Should the camera not exist by the deadline 9.1.09, the prize is $2,500.00.

Hi,

I thought the estimated price for the fixed lens scarlet was $3,750

Hi,

I thought the estimated price for the fixed lens scarlet was $3,750

Yes there is still a lot of question to what the final cost of the Scarlet will be. If, by some chance Red goes bankrupt or whatever, the prize will be $2,500. This won't happen and the winner will get the fixed Scarlet, whatever teh cost may be.

Paul

What are you looking for in a short film and who will judge it? would you be looking more favourably at something that promotes RED?

Thanks.

Mark, I think it is safe to say that this is yet another award where 65mm material will have trouble competing ;-)

Paul, on a more serious note, promoting your contest on this site is one thing, but making six separate posts on the subject, I feel, borders on spamming.

If you want to advertise, why don't you consider putting some money into it? There are far more legitimate ways to advertise, with far better results.

Paul

What are you looking for in a short film and who will judge it? would you be looking more favourably at something that promotes RED?

Thanks.

I am putting together a panel of judges for the competition. Films will be judged on originality and execution using the little red box creatively as possible. This is in no way related to Red Digital Cinema, so no we're not promoting Red by means of the competition intentionally.

Mark, I think it is safe to say that this is yet another award where 65mm material will have trouble competing ;-)

Paul, on a more serious note, promoting your contest on this site is one thing, but making six separate posts on the subject, I feel, borders on spamming.

If you want to advertise, why don't you consider putting some money into it? There are far more legitimate ways to advertise, with far better results.

Thanks for your input.

I am putting together a panel of judges for the competition. Films will be judged on originality and execution using the little red box creatively as possible. This is in no way related to Red Digital Cinema, so no we're not promoting Red by means of the competition intentionally.

Thanks Paul it wasn't a trick question. I just wanted to make sure that if I do enter that my efforts wouldn't be wasted if someone made a film that promotes red. So now I'll feel free to let my imagination loose with my 65mm camera ;)

Edited by Mark Williams

Best of luck!

Edited by Paul James Savarese

• 2 weeks later...