Recording Options for MOS Short film

Gene Fojtik

I plan to shoot a MOS short on an old Arri in the coming month. My plan was to use an HVX200 to record sound for rehearsals and the actual take and then use a combo of rehearsal takes, wild takes and ADR to match up dialogue with the picture. The dialogue will be limited.

I mention the HVX200 b/c that and the dvx100 are what is available for sound capture here at my University. Would this workflow suffice? Or is there another inexpensive option that I should think about investing in to get good sound?

Oh yes we also have a Zoom H4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Premium Member
I plan to shoot a MOS short on an old Arri in the coming month. My plan was to use an HVX200 to record sound for rehearsals and the actual take and then use a combo of rehearsal takes, wild takes and ADR to match up dialogue with the picture. The dialogue will be limited.

I mention the HVX200 b/c that and the dvx100 are what is available for sound capture here at my University. Would this workflow suffice? Or is there another inexpensive option that I should think about investing in to get good sound?

Oh yes we also have a Zoom H4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

record with the h4, try and use the same mikes on all recording and record plenty of wildtrack.

• 2 months later...