Leko as On-Camera Light

Mike Lary

I saw a picture of a Leko mounted above camera and I'm curious how it would be done. Part of the photo was obscured. The light had the standard yoke for hanging with a bolt and washer but the light was upright on some kind of support. Is there a standard adapter for mounting Lekos upright?

edit: I should note that I'm working with older Lekos, pre Source Four.

Edited by Mike Lary

I saw a picture of a Leko mounted above camera and I'm curious how it would be done. Part of the photo was obscured. The light had the standard yoke for hanging with a bolt and washer but the light was upright on some kind of support. Is there a standard adapter for mounting Lekos upright?

edit: I should note that I'm working with older Lekos, pre Source Four.

Threaded baby pin screwed in to handle? TVMP adapter on light?

Curious as to what the usage was.

Threaded baby pin screwed in to handle? TVMP adapter on light?

Thanks, Robert. I double-checked the photo and it looks like a TVMP adapter. I'm not sure about the usage in that instance. The photo is tightly cropped and there's no further explanation. It's on page 155 of Blain Brown's "Cinematography".

• Premium Member

That photo is of a Source-4 -- I'm not a grip, but I believe you can just replace the pipe clamp rig that might be on a Leko with a baby spud. In that photo, I doubt it's mounted onto the camera, but is probably on a baby offset arm mounted to a combo stand.